KIB Mission & Core Values
Keep Iowa Beautiful empowers Iowans to bring cultural and economic vitality into communities through improvement and enhancement programs.
Building Stronger Communities - Developing Sustainable Futures.
- Integrity – honoring our promises; embracing openness & transparency.
- Passion – believing in our mission; achieving clarity of purpose; investing enthusiastically of our time, talent and financial resources.
- Achievement – planning realistically; striving for optimal results; holding ourselves accountable; reaching for the stars.
- Compassion – caring for Iowa; giving to others what we want for ourselves.
- Enjoyment – seeking fellowship, friendship and fun while serving others; doing what we love and loving what we do.
- Recognition – honoring one another’s gifts of time, talent and financial support.
Keep Iowa Beautiful will:
- Assist communities and organizations in cleanup and beautification projects
- Conduct research studies to help understand why some people litter and show a lack of respect for land and property.
- Provide anti-littering and beautification education programs.
- Increase public awareness of the costs of littering and community cleanliness.
- Encourage regional groups and communities to become Keep Iowa Beautiful affiliate/partner members.
- Conduct market research.