1. Terms - Entry into the Keep Iowa Beautiful & (Sponsor) Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is currently open and ends on, 12/23/2016, at 11:59:59 p.m Central Standard Time. The Contest consists of the phases set forth below, as described fully in these Official Rules.
2. Submission is by online application only - Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. Eligibility - Contest is open to anyone (Iowa or from other states) and who have internet access and photo-capturing capabilities.
4. Entry Fee - Payment of $5.00 per entry must accompany the entries or be received by Keep Iowa Beautiful prior to deadline. All entry fees will be used to offer cash awards for the photography contest and for support of KIB's programs & services.
5. How to Enter - To enter, download and complete the registration form (one per photo) and send via email along with the photograph.Entry fees may be paid on-line through PayPal. Pay Entry Fee through the PayPal link below
No entrant may submit more than 10 entries. A single email address may be used by only one entrant; entries by additional entrants using the same email address will be disqualified. If an entrant exceeds any of these limits, all of that entrant’s entries will be disqualified.
No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, Entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, license to Keep Iowa Beautiful to edit, adapt and publish such photo. Upon Sponsor’s request, each contestant must provide a signed written personal release and/or license from (1) all persons who appear in the photo submitted (or their parents or legal guardians if such persons are minors), and/or (2) the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork or other copyrighted material that appears in the photo entry, authorizing use of the photo in Keep Iowa Beautiful’s publications, advertising, marketing and promotions in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest unless prohibited by law. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request will result in disqualification of contestant and the related entry. If a potential winner fails to provide such releases, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the procedures described herein.
Keep Iowa Beautiful is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, damaged, misdirected, or blurred or otherwise indiscernible photos, which shall be disqualified.
6. Photograph Requirements: Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the "Photograph Requirements"):
7. Deadline - All entries must be submitted and received by December 23, 2016. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these Rules.
8. Contest Prizes - Will be determined and posted online no later than January 15, 2017.
9. Winner Determination - Judging will be conducted by a Committee appointed by KIB. Winning photographs will be posted on www.keepiowabeautiful.com and on our Facebook page. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
10. Limitation of Liability - By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor assume no responsibility for any of the following in connection with the Contest: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or votes; or alteration of entries. Sponsors are further not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry or vote to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, fraud by any entrant
11. Conditions - Entries void if the Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, obtained through fraud or theft or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules.
12. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest - If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In such event, no prizes will be awarded. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest under any of the circumstances described above, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
13. Winners List - Winners' names will be available online after January 15, 2017.
14. Data Privacy - By entering, entrants agree that personal data, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor. Personal data will be used by Sponsor exclusively for the purposes stated herein.