The Adopt-A-Highway program is essential keep Iowa beautiful for travelers and tourists on our Iowa roadways. To date, 1,274 groups have adopted portions of Iowa’s highways contributing to keep 32% of these highways litter free!
Let’s work to Keep Iowa Beautiful for our residents and visitors who use our Iowa highways!
How You Can Adopt-A-Highway?
The Iowa Department of Transportation Adopt-A-Highway program offers many opportunities for individuals, families, organizations, or groups to adopt areas.
Discover areas along Iowa’s roadways that are still available for adoption.
Adopt-A-Highway is a nationwide program that successfully provides sponsorship to roadways across the United States to keep roadways clean and welcoming to those who travel across them. Here’s why your company, organization, non-profit or club might want to consider adopting any of Iowa’s highways:
- 49 out of 50 states have some type of Sponsor-A-Highway or Adopt-A-Highway program
- Facing budget cuts and safety issues, states are looking for alternative ways to keep roadways safe
- There is a real need for litter-free highways for safety, environmental and aesthetic reasons
- It can provide a viable green initiative to add to your marketing campaign
- Adopt-a-Highway signage creates and strengthens your brand awareness to mobile consumers